Bike Walk Connecticut's Annual Dinner and Silent Auction:
November 20, 2015!
Here's a preview of some of our very special items!
South Africa Photo Safari for Two
Back by popular demand! Experience the magic of South Africa on a photo safari for two in the Zulu Nyala Game Reserve. This package includes 6 days/nights in luxury accommodations, 3 meals per day, and 2 open land cruiser game drives with experienced guides per day. This package does not include airfare, beverages, side trips, phone calls or gratuities. You have 2 years from the purchase date to use this trip. To learn more about this great adventure, click on the video at left or visit www.zulunyalagroup.com.
Proceeds of the auction of this safari package will be shared equally between Bike Walk Connecticut and Zulu Nyala. Certificate FAQs Zulu Nyala website
Explore Rhode Island
Enjoy great biking and beaches during a Monday-Friday stay in Ross and Chris Skelly’s beautiful 3 bedrooms, 3 bath home located in Wakefield, RI. Walk or ride to Green Hill beach or take a short drive to other beaches, including South Kingstown (donation includes use of parking pass), Charlestown Breach way, Scarborough, Narragansett and others. Kayak or canoe in nearby salt water pond. Explore nearby Newport, Narragansett and Block Island by bike, car or on foot. After a busy day, relax on the screened in deck as you enjoy your dinner and drinks.
Choose any Monday-Friday in June or September, 2016 excluding Labor Day by arrangement with owners, Ross and Chris Skelly at 860-561-4530. Please reserve your week by December 31, 2015. No pets please. Click here for more photos of this home at 48 Maple Drive, Wakefield, RI.
Martha's Vineyard Weekend
Beat the summer crowds and spend a wonderful 3 day, 2 night weekend (Fri, May 15- Sun, May 17, 2015) at John & Eileen Leo's beautiful Martha's Vineyard home located in the Katama area of Edgartown, close to South Beach. Whether your preference is to explore historic Oak Bluffs, the beautiful homes of Edgartown, the scenic fishing village of Menemsha and the cliffs of Gay Head on your bicycle (there are over 100 miles of beautiful roads for cycling) or to walk on the beautiful beaches, there is plenty to do for everyone.
This 3 BR, 2 bath home sleeps 6 and has everything to make your weekend a memorable one. For further information and pictures please visit www.homeaway.com. Use reference # 112078.
The winning bidder should contact John Leo at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 550-1448 to make arrangements.
Bike, Hike, Ski or Paddle Weekend on Bantam Lake!
Enjoy Bantam Lake, and the beautiful Litchfield area from this direct waterfront home located on Bantam Lake's Deer Island. Deer Island offers low traffic private roads and passways for family friendly walking and biking, and the lake area and Bantam River are exceptional retreats for canoeing, kayaking, and biking through the Litchfield hills.
The auction winners enjoy a three night, four day, long weekend, and the dates are flexible from November, 2014 through May 17, 2015. During the winter, the lake is quiet and secluded, and cross country skiers make their way across the lake to the 35 miles of trails at the White Memorial Conservation Center. During the spring, the bicycles come out, and there are infinite loops from a ten-mile ride around the lake, to centuries meandering throughout beautiful northwest Connecticut.
The house has four bedrooms, each with queen sized bed, and there are 2.5 baths with a washer/dryer. Please no pets or smoking.
The house sits 20 feet from the water, and there is nothing better than a relaxed morning coffee on the deck, as the rising sun colors the lake. Get your family or group together, and enjoy an active or relaxed weekend on the lake, and bid high to support Bike Walk CT!
And here's a sampling of some of our other auction items...
- Complete Drivetrain Set donated by SRAM
- One night stay at the Interlaken Inn in Lakeville, CT. Package includes hotel accommodations and breakfast for two.
- A private house concert performed by New Britain's own Mark Moriarty. Be a super hero! Invite your cyclist friends and make it a fundraiser party for Bike Walk Connecticut!
- CT Forum -2 tickets to The Science of our Minds on March 5, 2016
- CT Forum -2 tickets to "Creative Artists- An evening with storytellers, creators & entertainers" event on May 13, 2016
- Four tickets to Playhouse on Park, 244 Park Road, West Hartford for the 2015-2016 season shows. Visit www.playhouseonpark.org for a complete listing of shows
- Ski Mount Southington with two 8-Hour Flex Passes!
- 2 people will enjoy a 2015 Tanglewood event of their choice accompanied by a picnic dinner and a bottle of wine
- Two tickets for a main stage show at Long Wharf Theater
- Stay warm and comfortable in your men's or women's Quarter zip jacket donated by Patagonia
- Enjoy a custom bike ride and photos planned in consultation with noted cyclist and route planner Pete Salomone
- Been meaning to visit The Mark Twain House & Museum? Now you can with a one year individual membership.
- Wine tasting for 10 with Spiritus Wines
- Take the whole family, as often as you want, with your one year family membership to enjoy the wonders found at the New Britain Museum of Art.
- Two family memberships (with a t-shirt) to BICICo
- Two 3-day snowshoe rentals from EMS
- Custom Bike Fitting at Newington Bike
- Highlight Jacket with LEDs Front and Rear. Size Medium. Donated by Mike Ignatowicz and The Simsbury Bike Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Three one month CT Transit passes
- Four day passes to KidCity Museum