Governor Malloy's five-year proposal to ramp up CT's transportation system includes:
· $101 million for bicycle and pedestrian trails
· $1.7 billion for rail improvements, including bridge repairs, station improvements and capacity and speed upgrades
· $612.5 million for Interstate 84 in West Hartford; I-95 Baldwin Bridge to Gold Star Bridge; the I-91/I-691/Route 15 area; Route 9 in Middletown; I-84 between exits 3 and 8; reconfiguration of interchanges 29 on I-91, among others
· $281.3 million for the I-84 Aetna Viaduct redesign; the I-84/Route 8 "mixmaster" in Waterbury; the West Rock Tunnel rehabilitation and more
· $43 million in bus improvements
Send us your bike walk related news and time permitting, we'll do our best to post it.