Bike to Work Event Locations 2013
Bike to Work TOP 10 Excuses! Events MeetUps Tips Bike Buddies Media Advisory National Bike Challenge
Please note that most events, but not all, take place on May 17, 2013. Be sure to check the date of the events nearest you! And check our listing of meetups for a full list of rides destined to the Bike to Work events.
- Bethel - Bethel Metro North train station, 13 Durant Ave, Bethel, CT 06801
May 17, 7 am to 8:30 am. Hosted by HARTransit with Town of Bethel, Metro North, and HVCEO.
Info: Rick Schreiner, email@example.com
- Bloomfield (CIGNA employees only) - CIGNA campus
May 13 - May 17. For employees only. Employee bike commuters may use showers and free towel service in the Fitness Center during Bike to Work week. Info: Healthy Life Fitness Center
- Bloomfield, Wintonbury Early Childhood Magnet School
May 17, 7:30 am to 8:50 am. For Teachers and staff. Hosted by the school.
Info: Brenda Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bridgeport - Bike to Work with Mayor Finch. Meet at Spoke and Wheel (2355 East Main street) at 9 am and ride with the Mayor to the breakfast. Refreshments will be served following the bike ride outside of the Margaret E. Morton Government Center, 999 Broad Street. May 17, 9 am. Hosted by City of Bridgeport.
Info and to RSVP for the Mayor’s Bike to Work Day event: Mayor@bridgeportct.gov
- East Hartford - Corner of Ensign and Main Street. Right across from Pratt & Whitney
- May 23, 6:30 am to 9 am. Hosted by Goodwin College with Pratt & Whitney, American Federal credit Union.
Info: Tony Cherolis, email@example.com
- East Hartford – East Hartford Park n Ride (Main Street just south of Silver Lane)
May 17, Pit stop and main meetup point for rides coming from east of the river.
Departures at 7:25 and 7:40 am.
- Fairfield - Chef's Table, 1561 Post Road, Fairfield. Free coffee, tea, fruit and pastries for all who arrive by bike or on foot! Free bike tuning station available courtesy of Zane's of Fairfield. May 17, 7 am - 9 am.
Info and RSVP: Andy Graceffa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Farmington - UConn Health Center, outside Public Safety entrance (to the right of the academic entrance in the back)
May 17, 6:30 am to 9 am. Hosted by UCHC.
Info: Joyce Fritz, email@example.com
- Hartford - Old State House
May 17, 6:30 am to 9 am, program at 8 am. Hosted by Bike Walk Connecticut & The Village Ride.
Info: Sandy Fry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hartford (Aetna employees only) - Aetna campus, entrance on Aetna Way.
May 10, 8 am to 10 am. FOR EMPLOYEES ONLY. Hosted by Aetna & The Village Ride.
- Manchester - Fuss & O'Neill, 146 Hartford Road, Manchester
May 17, 6:30 am to 9 am. Refreshment stop for cyclists bound for Hartford. Hosted by Fuss & O'Neill.
Info: Phil Forzley, PForzley@fando.com.
- New Britain - Central Park New Britain (corner of Main St and W Main St)
May 17, 7 am to 9 am, program at 8 am. Hosted by CCRPA and City of New Britain.
Info: Tim Malone, email@example.com.
- New Haven - Pitkin Plaza, Orange St between Chapel & Court
May 17, 7:30 to 9:30 am. Hosted by Elm City Cyclists and Devils Gear Bike Shop.
Info: Bobbie Pilette, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newington - CT Department of Transportation, FOR EMPLOYEES ONLY
May 17, time TBA.
Info: David Head, David.Head@ct.gov or Sharon Okoye, email@example.com
- Norwalk - South Norwalk rail station, eastbound (New Haven) side
May 17. 7:30 to 9 am. Hosted by City of Norwalk and SWRPA, with Norwalk Parking Authority, Norwalk Redevelopment Agency, CTRides.
Info: Alex Karman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Norwalk (GE employees only) - 901 Main Avenue
May 17, 7:30 to 10:30 am. Hosted by GE Capital with HealthAhead.
- Norwich – 100 Broadway
May 17, time 9 am. Hosted by Norwich Community Development Corp.
Info: Jason Vincent, email@example.com
- Simsbury - Iron Horse Blvd at Simsbury Meadows (near Rotary Children's Park)
May 17, 6:30 to 9 am. Hosted by Simsbury Bicycle Advisory Committee with Peaberry's Café, Simsbury Stop N Shop.
- Stamford - Veterans Park, Atlantic Street & Main Street
May 17, 7:30 to 9 am. Hosted by City of Stamford and SWRPA with CTRides.
Info: Alex Karman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- South Windsor – The Bike Shop, in the Town Center Shops, 1735 Ellington Road
May 17, 6:30 am, coffee and bagels with ride departing for downtown event at 6:45 am.
Hosted by South Windsor Walk and Wheelways and The Bike Shop.
Info: Info: Ginny Hole, email@example.com
- Waterbury – Waterbury YMCA, 136 West Main Street
All Bike to Work week, the Y will provide free bike storage, locker room access and coffee for bike commuters
May 23 (Thursday), Bike to Work breakfast, 8:30 to 9:30 am. Bikers are invited to meet at the park and ride lot on Chase Parkway at I84 (exit 18) park n ride lot at 8 am for a ride into the breakfast. Hosted by the Waterbury Y, the City of Waterbury and the Council of Governments of the Central Naugatuck Valley.
Info: Sam Gold, firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Hartford - REI, Blue Back Square
May 17, 7:00 AM, free breakfast, 7:15 am program, with ride departing for downtown Hartford event at 7:30 am.
Hosted by WH Bike Committee and REI, with Town of West Hartford.
Info: Jim Green, JGREEN@PepeHazard.com and Jeremy Castle, email@example.com
- Wethersfield - DMV
The DMV will celebrate bike to work week with “ride-ins” each day from May 13 to 17. Meet at the United Methodist Church, 150 Prospect Street, Wethersfield, (next to Mill Pond Tennis Courts.) Gather at 7:30, ride leaves at 7:45 am. On May 17 there will be a celebration with festivities sponsored by the Commissioner’s office.
Info: Jim Pettit, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-263-5312.
- Windsor Locks (UT Aerospace Systems Employees Only), UT Aerospace Sytems, Windsor Locks Campus
May 17, 6:30 am to 8:30 am. Hosted by UTC Aerospace Systems with Eurest. Info: Nicole Hade, email@example.com